Educational institutes come with unique needs of managing students, courses, academics, faculty, and administrative tasks.
Choosing the right Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software can be a challenging task with varying pricing models and packages.
Let’s guide you to our curated list of the top 10 best ERP education systems with their key features, pros & cons, and reviews.
Ellucian is an established name in education ERP system providers. It provides comprehensive ERP and campus management tools to its users under a single platform.
Ellucian’s Banner ERP software is targeted toward colleges, universities, and higher education campuses around the world.
Users can integrate several apps and software like Banner, Collegeau, Elevate, CRM Advance, Degree Works, and Workflow to manage different aspects of managing a higher education campus.
Key Features of Ellucian Banner ERP:
- Student, Teacher, and Campus Management Tools.
- Student enrollment, course, examination, and financial aid management tools.
- Alumni relations and advancement
- Financial aid and financial management
- HR tools
- Data analytics
|Pros of Ellucian ERP||Cons of Ellucian ERP|
|1. A Comprehensive ERP solution for higher education campuses.|
2. Cloud and In-Premise installation options
3. Student, faculty, finances, and HR management tools in the same place.
4. Easy and intuitive user interface
5. An established brand with over 1,200 customers worldwide.
|1. Many customers complain of an outdated dashboard experience.|
2. Pricing not disclosed and often inflexible.
3. Fewer communication, alerts, and notification tools for students.
4. Users require several integrations to fully utilize the ERP system.
ERPNext is one of the best open-source EPR software systems out there in the market. It offers ERP solutions to small and medium businesses in several industries.
It is an excellent choice of schools and campuses with flexible options of self-hosting or managed-hosting for this ERP system. You can manage every aspect of your educational campus through this ERP software easily.
Some key features of ERPNext Software include:
- Student information and application management
- Student attendance, fee, and course progress management
- It comes with an LMS for online educational needs.
- Course scheduler, enrollment, and assessment planning tools.
- Support for large database storage.
|Pros of ERPNext||Cons of ERPNExt|
|1. An open-source and self-hosted platform.|
2. Options to purchase managed hosting.
3. Multi-language support for global customers.
4. Transparent pricing model.
5. An excellent range of campus, faculty, and student management tools.
|1. It can be difficult to manage with a lot of customization options.|
2. You may need to upgrade to higher plans with more users.
3. Many customers complain of an outdated dashboard experience.
If you are looking for an education ERP that supports a fully digital campus, Camu should be on your watchlist.
Camu is an excellent choice for educational institutes looking for digital transformation. It offers all the tools for institutes offering distance learning, on-demand courses, and in-premise classes together.
Some outstanding features of Camu ERP include:
- Student choice-based credit system (CBCS)
- Outcome-based education (OBE)
- Student Information System (SIS) and Learning Management System (LMS).
- Virtual Classroom support
- Mobile app for all users, students, faculty, and administration.
- Student enrollment, recruitment, examination, and accreditation tools.
- Accounting, HR, Inventory, CRM, and project management tools.
|Pros of Camu ERP||Cons of Camu ERP|
|1. A Comprehensive ERP solution.|
2. Multi-language support.
3. An established name with over 400 users in 8 countries.
4. ERP system expertise in different industries.
5. All-in-one education management system.
|1. Pricing not disclosed through the web.|
2. More focussed on distance learning institutes.
3. May come with a steep learning curve.
Teachmint offers schools a mobile and web-based software management system to manage their operations digitally.
If you are looking for an easy digital transformation from offline to online education classes, Teachmint has the right tools and expertise.
With Teachmint, you can migrate to live or recorded online classes as well as digitize your offline institute operations.
Key features of Teachmint ERP include:
- School/campus management tools
- Admission, fee, attendance, calendar, and user management tools.
- Assessment, exam planners, practice questions, etc.
- Private and live classroom chat and communication tools.
- Online whiteboard, lecture recording, and sharing tools.
- An integrated LMS
|Pros of Teachmint ERP||Cons of Teachmint ERP|
|1. An established name with services in 30+ countries and multi-language support.|
2. A comprehensive ERP solution for online/offline education campuses.
3. Free pricing plan available.
4. Some free and open-access tools are available.
|1. Users have to switch to paid plans to get full features of the ERP.|
2. It is more suited for online educational institutes.
3. The DIY model may be cumbersome for some users.
Open Educat is a robust, customizable, and comprehensive ERP system. It is specifically designed for educational institutes.
Open Educat ERP is an ideal solution for colleges, universities, and other higher education campuses. It’s also useful for educational organizations with several branches or franchises.
Key features of Open Educat EPR:
- A wide range of organization management tools with several packages.
- Integrated LMS, live classrooms, attendance, assessments, and other student management tools.
- Digital library, intuitive dashboard, appraisal, and reporting tools.
- On-cloud, on-premise, data import/export, and fully web-based solutions.
- Accounting, finance, HR, and other management tools.
- Communication, management, and technical tools.
|Pros of Open Educat ERP||Cons of Open Educat ERP|
|1. A Comprehensive ERP solution for higher education campuses.|
2. Third-party app integration options.
3. Customizable, robust, and efficient suite of tools.
4. Cost-effective solution for educational organizations.
5. Multi-language and multi-currency support.
|1. Users may find it overwhelming with several packages.|
2. Beginners may find it complicated through a DIY approach.
3. It’s better suited for small and medium enterprises.
Fedena is a multi-purpose and comprehensive ERP system designed for educational institutes. It helps campuses manage their educational as well as administrative tasks.
Users can get this ERP software on the cloud or on-premise basis. It is fully web-hosted software and fully customizable.
Some key features of Fedena ERP include:
- Student information system (SIS) and Learning Management System (LMS).
- Student attendance, grade books, assignments, and assessment management tools.
- ID card, certificate, and form generators.
- Student and parent collaboration tools.
- Accounting, HR, fees, biometrics, location, and event management tools.
- Third-party app integration options.
|Pros of Fedena ERP||Cons of Fedena ERP|
|1. Web and mobile apps for convenience.|
2. A comprehensive ERP system.
3. Customization, app integrations, and flexible pricing features.
4. Transparent and flexible pricing options.
5. Administrative and educational management tools.
|1. Users need to subscribe to pricier plans for full features.|
2. More customization also means more manual tasks for users.
3. Users may have to integrate several third-party apps.
Smartclass is another excellent ERP system for educational campuses. It is suitable for individual campuses as well as a network of campuses.
SmartClass ERP software offers a wide range of administrative, school, student, faculty, and management tools to fulfill your needs.
Key features of SmartSlass ERP are:
- Single or multi-campus management tools.
- Multi-language support.
- A comprehensive range of tools, including administration, finance, HR, inventory, payroll, attendance, enrollment, exams, communication, and so on.
- Document management, library, workflows, and reporting tools.
- Club, society, healthcare, and other community service tools.
|Pros of SmartClass ERP||Cons of SmartClass ERP|
|1. Transparent and affordable pricing.|
2. Third-party app integrations and APIs for easier embedding.
3. A Comprehensive ERP solution for organizations of all sizes.
4. Excellent communication and collaboration tools for students, teachers, parents, and administrators.
|1. Advance features are available with the highest-paid plan only.|
2. The ERP is divided into several modules making it difficult to manage.
3. Users may find it overwhelming in the beginning.
Jenzabar is an all-in-one ERP software for higher education campuses. It is specifically designed to meet the needs of colleges, universities, and higher education institutes.
Users can customize their ERP software systems by integrating several apps and products offered by Jenzabar. The customization option enables users to scale at their pace and fulfill their needs as they grow.
Some key features of Jenzabar ERP include:
- Three ERP and software packages to choose from.
- Online and offline class management tools.
- Student enrollment, experience, success, and information management systems.
- Communication, chatbot, and collaboration tools.
- Financial aid, administration, HR, and marketplace apps.
- CRM solutions
- Cloud, implementation, and managed hosting services.
|Pros of Jenzabar ERP||Cons of Jenzabar ERP|
|1. Scalable and flexible ERP system with three packages. |
2. A comprehensive software system to manage all aspects of a campus.
3. Third-party app integration options.
4. An established brand with over 1,300 users worldwide.
|1. Many customers complain of a lack of technical support.|
2. No multi-language or multi-currency options.
3. Pricing plans are available on request only.
4. Users may have to opt for the full suite of ERP to get full features.
EduKool is specifically designed for schools and a network of schools in a region. If you want to manage a single or small network of campuses, EduKool is the right option.
It focuses on digitizing school operations. It offers several key features to manage your school’s operations through a single ERP system.
Key features of the EduKool ERP include:
- Process automation, digitization, and automation tools.
- Students, teachers, and administration management tools in one place.
- Time tracking, attendance, fees, timetables, and reports.
- School administration and analytical reports.
- Different packages to manage classrooms, live lectures, recordings, LMS, and more.
|Pros of EduKool ERP||Cons of EduKool ERP|
|1. An excellent suite of tools to transform into a digital school.|
2. Campus management, LMS, and ERP software are available in different packages.
3. Fully scalable and customizable experience.
4. It can manage single or multiple campuses through the same system.
|1. No pricing plans disclosed through the web.|
2. It is primarily focused on schools with limited student strengths.
3. Users may find a lack of advanced features as compared to other EPRs.
My Class Campus is managed by Teachermint as well. It is an excellent ERP system to run a school, college, or a network of educational campuses.
You can manage every aspect of managing a school through a single platform. It offers a single gateway to the platform for students, teachers, and administrators.
Key features of the My Class Campus ERP include:
- Academic planner, academic management, and institute management tools.
- Fees, admissions, inventory, inquiry, results, and gate-pass management tools.
- Library, resources, online admissions, timetable, and other tools.
- LMS, third-party apps, and other integration tools.
- Mobile and web applications.
- Multi-student support for parents.
|Pros of My Class Campus ERP||Cons of My Class Campus ERP|
|1. A Comprehensive ERP solution, cloud and on-premise-based access.|
2. ERP, LMS, mobile app, and hardware support for different needs.
3. Different pricing plans to scale up and enjoy flexibility.
4. A suite of software to manage different aspects of school management.
|1. Users may need to integrate several software apps to get full features.|
2. Some users complain about the lack of analytical and reporting tools.
3. Manual integrations and customization may be complex tasks for some users.